Sometimes motherhood hits you out of left field and we don’t exactly know how this new journey will change us. Here is a short list of 10 things I didn’t know about until after I had kids.
- I would no longer be grossed out by poop
- I had no idea I could live off little sleep and still function
- Showers are literally my best friend- I can’t express how much I look forward to those 10-15 minutes to myself
- I actually expected to get less sleep from how other parents used to make it seem, It’s not as bad!
- Relationship goals are when you get the kids to sleep and can still hang for a couple more hours
- I would sacrifice literally anything for my kids, without a question.
- I didn’t know I would end up shopping more for my kids than for myself
- You miss them when they sleep
- You never really get out of “mom mode”
- Patience isn’t a virtue its a way of life
Being a parent has its challenges but the rewards are so worth it! I’ve also learned not to take things to serious, you have to laugh at yourself and certain situations at times, nobody is perfect! Nothing would be the same without these little beings, and they continue to teach us each day to become better parents!