Thanks to Nathan’s Famous for sponsoring this post! Please know all opinions are my own and I only share with you what I truly believe in and love!
It’s that wonderful time of year when gatherings and guests are common in our house. As much as it’s so fun to host guests, it can be stressful not knowing what’s going to be served in between the big family mealtimes!
I got to thinking – comfort food. Who doesn’t love a good, grilled hot dog or a nice, warm grilled cheese sandwich? It’s like the perfect match! Not only is this delicious, but it’s also super quick to make with very little prep!
I am sharing this recipe using Nathan’s Famous All Natural Uncured Beef Franks. I love that these are all natural, minimally processed, uncured, and are free of nitrates and nitrites.
Hot Dog Cheese Melt
- 1 pack of Nathan’s Famous All Natural Uncured Beef Franks
- Sliced Italian bread
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of butter
- Sharp cheddar cheese slices
- Preheat skillet, and add in butter.
- Cut the Nathan’s Famous All Natural Uncured Beef Franks down the middle and in half (This makes it easier to place in the sandwiches!)
- Once butter is sizzling, add the beef franks and brown for a minute or two on each side, then remove from pan.
- Add one to two slices of cheese and beef franks to the center of the sandwich.
- This step is totally optional, but I find it adds a nice crunch! Butter the outside of the sandwich and place on skillet.
- Once the cheese has melted, place on a plate and enjoy!
This is not the season that should be filled with stress or worry about what you will feed your holiday guests. My secret for those quick entertaining moments that pop up last minute is keeping delicious, easy-to-prepare options that appeal to all ages stocked in my pantry and fridge, like hot dogs! Nathan’s Famous offers other varieties like Jalapeño & Cheddar Beef Franks or Bun-Length Skinless Beef Franks that your guests are sure to love! No matter what variety you use, you can count on Nathan’s premium 100% natural beef.