My Husband works on the weekends and Sundays are usually the day where I can recharge with the kids and I don’t even dare think about Monday until later in the evening. I like to take things slow on Sundays, I use that word lightly when I say slow I mean not leave the house but stay in and make sure laundry is done and the house is clean. On those good weeks when I have it all together before Sunday I love to bake! I bake so that it makes things a little easier through-out the week, and these Breakfast cookies are the golden ticket to a quick and delicious breakfast option when I make them!
It is fun to incorporate the kids in this process too because these are super simple and don’t take a whole lot of time. We all know how baking with kids can be and I promise this is a kid friendly recipe you can watch my little clip with Jude at the end of this post!
What You Will Need:
– 2 1/4 Honey Bunches of Oats Honey Roasted
– 1 Cup of whole wheat flour
-2 teaspoons of cinnamon – 1 teaspoon of baking soda – 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
– 1/2 creamy peanut butter
– 1/3 unsweetened apple sauce – 1/4 honey
– 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar -1 Large Egg
1. Pre heat oven to 350
2. Mix flour, Honey Bunches of Oats cereal, cinnamon, baking soda and chocolate chips
3. Mix Egg, peanut butter, apple sauce, honey and brown sugar
4. Combine all ingredients
5. Place tablespoon size scoops on baking sheet and flatten
6. Bake for 10 minutes
7. Let sit until completely cool and enjoy!