This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #CervezaCelebration #CollectiveBias
Every year for Cinco De Mayo we get together with family and friends and we each bring a well-loved family recipe! We often sit around and listen to music as we prepare our feast and enjoy our favorite beverages and snack. In Arizona, the heat can be intense in May so we do what we can to stay fresh!
I created two very different recipes that will surely elevate your Cinco De Mayo celebration!
I chose to use Modelo Negra in this Carne Asada slow cooker recipe because of its rich, smooth taste which enhances the flavors of the tender carne asada. In our Latin culture, we celebrate things with great passion and nothing is better than a beverage that is just as flavorful as the meal!
Modelo Negra Carne Asada
- 2 pounds carne asada meat or flank steak
- 4 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- a good pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large jalapeño seeded and diced
- 1 orange juiced
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup Negra Modelo
- 16 corn or flour tortillas or hard shell tacos
Place the steak in 9×13 inch pan. Add the garlic, half of the chopped onion, the smoked paprika, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper and olive oil. Use your hand to massage the seasoning into the steak for about 3-5 minutes.
Heat a large heavy bottom skillet over high heat and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Sear the meat on both sides. Once the meat has been seared on both sides place it in the bowl of your crockpot. To the crockpot add the remaining, onion, diced jalapeño, orange, limes, cilantro and beer, toss well. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours. Remove the meat and place it on a cutting board. Let rest 15 minutes and then shred the meat with two forks.
- Heat tortillas and prep your desired toppings and ENJOY! Comer Con Gusto!
Nothing is more enjoyable in the summer heat than a cold beverage you can eat and drink! With Corona Extra’s fresh crisp taste and a perfect blend of fruity-honey aromas, it makes for the perfect refreshment during those carefree summer days! I chose Corona Extra for this recipe because it compliments spicy and citrus flavors so well!
Corona Michelada Shrimp Cocktail
- 16 ounces Clamato (or Bloody Mary Mix)
- 12 ounce Corona Extra
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 8-10 large or medium sized cooked shrimp
- A pinch of cilantro
- In a pitcher, mix the Clamato juice, fresh lime juice, Worcestershire, Hot sauce, and chili powder.
- Place the squeezed limes in the bottom of the glasses then fill with crushed ice.
- Add your desired amount of shrimp, cilantro, and cucumber
- Pour the Clamato mixture evenly into the glasses.
- Pour the Corona Extra over the Clamato mixture and stir. Top with additional beer if need. Serve cold.
- Add shrimp around rim of glass and drizzle hot sauce and chili powder, if desired. Enjoy! Comer Con Gusto!
Knowing how to live or as I would say ” Saber Vivir”, is the key to enjoyable moments with friends and family! I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!